This makes a fantastic flake cornbread crust for what ever sort of pot pie you're looking for. I found the original recipe here: http://chelseats2012.blogspot.com/2012/09/cornbread-pie-crust.html
- Flour - 1 cup
- yellow corn meal - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1 stick (Cold)
- Water - 1/3 Cup
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients. It will take a lot of working the mixture together with your hands and some kneading.
- Spread flour on your surface liberally, and roll the dough out with a rolling pin.
- Split it in half, and you're now ready to put it in your pie dish.
- Add all your ingredients inside the crust (I typically use the BBQ pot pie recipe).
- Cook for about 45 minutes.