A home-style, rustic soup perfect for Autumn.
- fresh tomatoes - 4, large diced
- garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- fresh basil - 3 leaves, minced
- dry basil - 2 dashes
- dry rosemary - 3 dashes
- sugar - 1 tablespoon
- water - 1 1/2 cups
- salt and pepper - to taste
In a medium saucepan, sautee oil and garlic until garlic is golden brown. Add tomatoes and sugar. Mash with a potato masher. Leave them somewhat coarse for a "homestyle" soup. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.